Book Keeping & Payroll
As your business is starting off or going through a spate of growth, we can take away the day-to-day headache of keeping books (in a format acceptable to HMRC) and dealing with the paperwork.
We will provide support and training if you wish to look after your own books – either in a computerized format or manual. We also offer a user-friendly on-line accounts system called Xero of which we are a Certified Partner.
The first stage of a business is keeping it’s day-to-day records; we can provide support by doing this for you or setting up systems for you so you can do it yourself.
As a business grows, it will usually take on staff, and this means the operation of a payroll. We can recommend a user-friendly RTI compliant software package if you wish to operate the payroll yourself, or alternatively, if you don’t want the hassle, then we can process the payroll for you, although you will have to make the actual salary payments to your staff.
We can take away the burden of dealing with the red tape and bureaucracy of the relevant tax and accounting authorities by providing:
- Statutory Annual Accounts for audit-exempt small limited companies;
- Business accounts for partnerships and sole traders;
- Corporation Tax returns for limited companies;
- Self-assessment tax returns for Company Directors, Partners, Sole Traders and Individuals;
- VAT returns and we can also advise on the various VAT schemes available.
Financial Controller/Management Accountancy
Do you want to know which product/service is your most profitable/unprofitable?
Do you want to offer a new product/service but don’t know how much it will cost to provide?
Do you need someone to take the pressure off the day-to-day cash management of the business?
Have you been asked for cashflow/sales forecasts by your bank and don’t know where to start?
Do you want someone independent who will provide a supportive shoulder for your business and play “Devil’s Advocate” for your ideas?
If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes” then Westwood Accountancy is the firm for you.
- Effective financial management for your business;
- Development of forecasts & cashflows & monitor against actual results;
- Provide Management Accounts on a monthly or quarterly basis to see how the business is performing and make sure there are no nasty surprises at the end of the year;
- Our Financial Controller service frees up business owners to do what they do best i.e. developing their business. Passing on the financial affairs management to an outside, trusted expert will allow concentration on growth & development from the business owners.